With Covid-19 refusing to go away in most countries, it seem likely that travelling overseas will not happen anytime soon. However, if you are itching to get away from your home for a night or two, great news - hotels are able to accept styacation bookings now!
But not all hotels can open at the same time. Hotels will have to apply to Singapore Tourism Board (STB) in order to open for business and they will have to comply with various safe management measures to do so.
These measures include limiting occupancy to no more than 1 person per 10 sqm in public spaces accessible to guests, excluding hotel staff, at any point in time, screening every individual before allowing them into the building, requiring everyone to wear a mask within the hotel unless they are in their own rooms, allowing up to a maximum of five guests in each room, staggering check-in and check-out timings.
As of 13 July 2020, a total of 18 hotels in Singapore have been given approval to open and accept bookings for staycations and I have highlighted the TOP 5 which are the most family-friendly of them all:
The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
This grand Neoclassical building situated at the mouth of the Singapore River was once Singapore’s General Post Office. Besides boasting some of the plushiest rooms, the hotel's Fullerton Heritage Gallery and Infinity Pool are its other highlights. Do go for its free Fullerton Heritage Tour if time permits.
The Perfect Staycation Package (from S$430++ per night til 30 Dec 2020)
- Complimentary daily breakfast for the family - up to two adults and two children (under 12 years old)
- S$100 nett Food and Beverage credit per stay
- A pair of Fullerton bears per stay
- 30% off a la carte food menus
- Complimentary parking
- 20% off spa treatments at The Fullerton Spa
- Complimentary early check-in at 11.00 a.m.
- Complimentary late check-out till 2.00 p.m.
PARKROYAL On Beach Road
PARKROYAL on Beach Road, a 10-minute walk from Bugis MRT Station and Suntec City Convention Centre, offers an outdoor pool, award-winning Chinese restaurant and luxurious spa services. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel.
Stay and Save up to 20% (from S$225++ per night)
- Up to 20% savings on Best Available Rates
- Complimentary Internet access and parking
- Enjoy an additional 10% savings on this offer when you login and book as a Pan Pacific DISCOVERY member.
Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa
Spread across lush greenery, Sofitel Singapore Resort & Spa offers luxurious resort-styled accommodation with sweeping views of the sunset at Sentosa Island's iconic Tanjong Beach.
Providing a variety of accommodation types that range from rooms to suites and even villas, each elegantly-designed guestroom is inspired by Paris’ Jardin du Luxembourg and fitted wooden parquet finishings with carpets in cerulean and orchid hues. All accommodation types are also equipped with LED Smart TVs and high-speed WiFi.
Infinite Family Experiences (from S$338++ per night for two & S$538++ per night for four)
- Full Gourmet Dining Experiences
- Daily Kids Activities
- Early Check-In OR Late Check-Out
- Bicycle Usage
- Complimentary Fish Spa
Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel
The Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Orchard Road, with Orchard MRT Station and TANGS at Tang Plaza just at the doorstep, and an underpass to at least four major shopping centres.
The hotel is home to an outdoor swimming pool with cabanas, five award-winning restaurants and bars, a 24-hour concierge with limousine services as well as a 24-hour fitness centre and a brand new executive lounge, M Club. Guests also have access to complimentary high-speed internet in public areas, and go for pampering spa treatments.
All rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art furnishings, which include a 46-inch high definition flat-screen smart TV and designer 1956 Eames chairs. The en suite bathrooms feature a large walk-in shower, a resting bench and a separate vanity area.
Iconic Family Staycation + Kids Eat for Free (from S$300++ per night per room)
Package includes for two adults and two children below 12 years old:
- Upgrade to Premier Deluxe Room (valued from SGD100++)
- Daily Breakfast Buffet at Marriott Cafe (valued up to SGD122++)
- Lunch Buffet at Marriott Cafe (valued up to SGD232++)
- Complimentary extra bed or baby cot (valued at SGD100++)
- Complimentary parking per room (valued at SGD18)
- Early check-in at 12pm and late check-out at 2pm
- Book your second room at 50% off with the above inclusions, and enjoy 50% off your Breakfast Buffet and Lunch Buffet at Marriott Cafe.
lyf Funan Singapore
Ideally situated in the Funan Mall, lyf Funan Singapore by Ascott features air-conditioned rooms, a garden, free WiFi and a fitness centre. This 4-star hotel offers a shared lounge and a concierge service.
lyf offers eight types of rooms, including the 18sqm One of a Kind studio and for families: the All Together 2-Bedroom apartment (with 2 Queen beds) and the All Together 6-Bedroom duplex with SIX Queen beds & Super Single Beds!
The Ultimate Local Staycation (from S$144++ per night)
- Complimentary internet access
- Early check-in at 0700 hours and late check-out at 1500 hours for One of a Kind (Studio) only.
Here are the other 13 hotels that have been the green light to resume bookings for staycations:
Capella Hotel, Singapore
Marina Bay Sands Singapore
Oasia Hotel Downtown
ONE15 Marina Club
Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road
Raffles Hotel Singapore
The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore
The St. Regis Singapore
The Warehouse Hotel
W Singapore Sentosa Cove Hotel
The list of approved hotels will be updated periodically and you can see the refreshed list HERE.